Meals Tax Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is considered a “meal” that is subject to the Meals Tax?
2. What is the Meals Tax rate in Middlesex County?
3. When are Meals Taxes due to Middlesex County?
4. Does the meal, or prepared food, have to be consumed on the premises of the business where it is purchased to be taxable?
5. Are beverages such as soda, beer, water and others that are in a can, bottle or other factory sealed container subject to the meals tax?
6. What is considered a “restaurant”?
7. Do Businesses get a commission for aiding the county in the collection of the Tax?
8. Are gratuities subject to the Meals Tax?
9. Are there any exemptions to the Meals Tax?
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.