Nuisance Animals

April 29, 2014 by Kevin Gentry

It is against the law in Middlesex County for animals to become a public nuisance. This includes molesting passersby, chasing vehicles, and attacking other domestic animals.

If animal control officers do not witness these violations, they cannot act upon them. Citizens, however, can take some steps to remedy the problem.

1. Talk to the owners of the animal. They may not realize the animal is creating a problem.

2. If the first step is unsuccessful, contact Animal Control to sign a nuisance complaint form. This will allow an animal control officer to contact the owners of the animal to discuss the problem and, hopefully, correct the situation.

3. If all else fails, you have the right to swear out a warrant at the local magistrate's office and take the owner to court.

If you need additional information, call Animal Control at (804) 758-2779.

Download a copy of the Nuisance Complaint form here.



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.
Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer