Wildlife Issues

If you observe wildlife that is acting strangely and showing signs of rabies, call Animal Control at 804-758-2779. Most wildlife are nocturnal; however, seeing them during the day is not a sign of rabies.

Nuisance & Problem Wildlife

Wildlife in Middlesex County is regulated by the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR). Visit the  links below from the DWR website for help with your wildlife issues.

Injured & Orphaned Wildlife

You can also call the DWR wildlife conflict helpline toll-free at 855-571-9003.

Deceased Animals

For deceased animals that are in the roadway or ditch call the Virginia Department of Transportation at 804-758-2321.

For deceased animals that are on private property, disposal is the responsibility of the property owner.