Activity Road Closure Permit

Organization Approval

Any citizen or organization wishing to close any roadway, or portion of a roadway, within Middlesex County for a special event or activity must get prior approval to do so from four different agencies. This process can be lengthy, so please turn the application in 90 days before your event. The agencies that must approve the application are:

  • County Administrator
    877 General Puller Highway
    P.O. Box 428
    Saluda, VA 23149
  • Local Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Residency
    1027 General Puller Highway
    Saluda, VA 23149
  • Local Virginia State Police Office
    6104 Fiddlers Green Road
    Gloucester, VA 23061
  • Middlesex County Sheriff’s Office
    75 Oakes Landing Road
    Saluda, VA 23149

Once approved by the County Administrator, the application may be picked up and taken to the next approving official, the Sheriff’s office.


When the application is submitted to the local VDOT office, a check in the amount of $100 must accompany the application. (The $100 fee is subject to change)


Applications can be found on the VDOT Land Use Permits page. This page has frequently asked questions and other valuable information to aid with completing the application process. For VDOT Activity/Road Closure Permits, view forms LUP-SEI (PDF) and LUP-SEA (PDF).

Other Land Use Permit application forms are available on that page also, such as applications for permits for driveways, culverts, etc.