FULL TIME YOUTH DETENTION SPECIALIST
The Merrimac Juvenile Detention Center in Williamsburg, VA is seeking experienced direct-care detention specialists to work in a secure therapeutic detention setting for at-risk youth. Daily work includes the direct supervision and care of youth, behavior management, facilitation of cognitive behavioral group sessions, crisis intervention, assessment of emergency situations, and maintaining overall safety and security.
This position works rotating shifts on days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred or an Associate’s Degree in a related field and three years of experience working with teens required. Requires a background investigation to include criminal history, child protective services, sex offender registry records checks, and physical exam with drug test. Starting Salary $35,917+ based on education and experience and full benefits. Obtain the application online at www.merrimac-center.net. Fax completed resume with application to (757) 887-0340 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Voting Machine Custodian
The Middlesex County Electoral Board is seeking applications for an Assistant Voting Machine Custodian.
This is a part-time seasonal position. Hours will vary based on election schedule - Every November, and possible primaries every June and March of presidential election years. Special elections may be called at other times. Flexibility in scheduling is important.
NATURE OF WORK:
• Assists in ensuring that County voting equipment is maintained, tested, and delivered to and returned from polling places for elections in accordance with the requirements established by the Director of Elections, the Middlesex County Electoral Board & the Virginia Department of Elections.
• Perform and document technical and mechanical tasks.
• Work is performed under the supervision of the Lead Voting Machine Custodian, Electoral Board and Director of Elections.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Perform maintenance on voting equipment, as needed.
• Provide complete documentation of maintenance and testing actions on equipment.
• Conduct testing of voting equipment in accordance with strict requirements and procedures.
• Assist in delivery and return of election equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment in an election environment.
• Adhere to strict standards of security.
• May be assigned to report at different times and locations and to perform related work, as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, members of the Electoral Board, Officers of Election, and the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
• Ability to follow directions effectively, orally, and in writing.
• Strong knowledge of computer operations.
• Requires operation of standard hand tools and basic power tools.
• Ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Able to work irregular and weekend hours.
• Have a valid Virginia driver's license and reliable transportation.
• Able to attend training, as required.
• Must take an oath.
An application can be found at www.co.middlesex.va.us or picked up at 105 Bowden St, Saluda, VA. All completed applications should be returned to Melissa Welch, Director of Elections, at the aforementioned address or mailed to P. O. Box 358, Saluda, VA 23149. Deadline for the application is January 30, 2020.